Maxi-Fen-10 or Tamoxifen (another name Nolvadex, Tamoximed) is a drug belonging to the group of sex hormones. Available in pill form, taken orally. Initially, this drug was intended for the treatment and prevention of breast cancer in women.
Recently, however, has gained great popularity among men involved in bodybuilding. This is explained by the fact that most steroid drugs taken by athletes, provoke the growth of estrogen, female sex hormones, which adversely affects the body of a man in the form of so-called feminization.
It manifests itself in excessive water retention in the body, an increase in body fat or even growth of the mammary glands, which is not necessary for any sensible man. Tamoxifen is a non-steroidal anti-estrogen agent, that is, it blocks estrogen receptors, so that the “receptor-hormone” compound does not occur.
The main advantages of the drug are as follows:
- It works well to reduce the amount of sterol in the blood.
- reducing the risk of vascular diseases, heart failure,
- elimination of liver complaints,
- is analog clomid,
- blocks estrogen receptor,
- restores normal testosterone production,
- prevents the development of tumors,
- struggling with excess fluid.
Possible side effects of tamoxifen about which, in the same place, sellers warn buyers include:
- sudden changes in body temperature;
- heaviness in the stomach;
- a decrease in the number of white blood cells or white blood cells (perform an immune function in the body);
Use of Tamoxifen
In bodybuilding for the treatment of gynecomastia:
For the treatment of gynecomastia in bodybuilding tamoxifen is taken in a dose of 10-20 mg per day. If this dose does not help, then it is unlikely that a higher one will help. In this case, the use of aromatase inhibitors should be considered.
In bodybuilding after a cycle of steroids:
The dose of tamoxifen after a cycle of steroids is 40 mg per day; must be taken within 2-3 weeks. Further, the dose is reduced to 20 mg and is also taken 2-3 weeks.
The average dose of tamoxifen for the treatment of breast cancer and gynecomastia is 20-40 mg per day.