Oxanprime or Oxandrolone (also known as Anavar) is an anabolic steroid created by Searle Laboratories and released under the trademark Anavar in 1964.
Oxandrolone is a synthetic derivative of dihydrotestosterone, in which the second carbon atom is replaced by a hydrogen atom. Oxandrolone is widely known for its extremely low level of androgenic activity along with a high anabolic index.
Oxandrolone was originally developed to treat weakened HIV-infected patients, with Turner syndrome, anemia, to recover from burns, strengthen bones, but soon it began to be actively used in bodybuilding, after which Anavar was included in the list of controlled drugs.
Effects of oxandrolone
- Increased muscle relief and hardness – the main effect of oxandrolone
- Burning fat
- Increased HGH level
- Increased strength
Anavar is impractical to use for gaining muscle mass. Anavar cycle is recommended for people who have enough muscle mass and moderate body fat in order to give muscle relief and reduce subcutaneous fat.
Side Effects of Oxandrolone
Although oxandrolone is an alpha-17-alkylated steroid, its toxic effect on the liver is negligible. Studies show that Anavar at a dose of 20 mg per day taken for 12 weeks does not affect the level of liver enzymes (indicators of liver destruction). The first signs of damage to the liver is pain in the right hypochondrium, light stools and dark urine.
Since Anavar is a derivative of dihydrotestosterone, it does not aromatize (does not turn into estrogens, which cause side effects such as gynecomastia and fluid accumulation in the body).
Oxandrolone does not have a significant effect on the level of production of own testosterone in moderate doses (the axis of the hypothalamus-pituitary-testes does not inhibit the feedback mechanism). When the dosage of Anavar is high, the body reacts with a decrease in gonadotropin production, assuming that the endogenous testosterone level is too high. Lack of stimulation of Leydig cells leads to testicular atrophy. Oxandrolone used at a dose of 80 mg per day suppresses testosterone levels after 12 weeks of administration by 67%.
- As mentioned above, the cycle of Anavar “solo” is conducted to improve the relief of the muscles. The total duration of the cycle is 6-8 weeks.
- Start taking oxandrolone at a dose of 20 mg per day, divided into two doses – in the morning and early in the afternoon.
- After a week, increase the dosage of Anavar to 40, maximum 80 mg per day, divided into 3 doses.
- Continue the cycle with no side effects for 4-6 weeks.
- During the two final weeks, gradually reduce the dose until completely discontinued.
- From the beginning of the penultimate week of the Anavar cycle, start taking Tomaxifen at a dose of 10 mg per day to restore your testosterone production.
- The cycle of oxandrolone requires prior consultation with a physician to identify contraindications (prostate hypertrophy, liver disease, etc.).
- For maximum effectiveness of the cycle, take sports nutrition for relief