Cernos Gel (Testogel) is a preparation of 1% testosterone in the form of a gel for application to the skin, intended for replacement therapy. Currently, testosterone gel is one of the most commonly prescribed drugs prescribed to patients with low testosterone levels (hypogonadism). Testogel is manufactured by Healing Pharma. Cernos Gel (Testogel) increases the level of testosterone in the blood, penetrating through the skin.
Cernos Gel (Testogel) received great fame as a result of the scandal that flared up in the US a few years ago, when it turned out that the famous coach Trevor Graham said that several popular athletes use testosterone gel to improve athletic performance. Later it turned out that athletes had no idea that they were using a hormonal drug, mistakenly believing that they were rubbing innocuous creams into their skin.
- Gels provide more stable concentrations of testosterone in the blood than other forms of administration.
- Testosterone levels reach steady state in the first 24 hours of use and remain in the normal range for the entire duration of use.
- Dosages can be easily modified.
- Easy application on the abdomen, shoulders, chest muscles or inner thighs.
Cernos Gel (Testogel) – side effects
Testosterone Gel has the same range of side effects as testosterone:
- Suppression of endogenous testosterone production
- Increased blood pressure
- Prostatic hypertrophy
- Hair loss
- Accumulation of fluid in the body
- Rising bad cholesterol
- Aggression and irritability
Before using the drug, consult a specialist.
In bodybuilding, it is necessary to create a high concentration of anabolic hormones in the blood, which is impossible to provide through the skin. In the figure on the right you can see that increasing the dose of the drug Cernos Gel (Testogel) leads to an increase in the concentration of testosterone by about 150 units. Thus, to create the necessary concentration will require about 50 g of gel, which significantly increases the consumption of the drug (very cost-effective), while making it extremely inconvenient to use. It is necessary to cover a large part of the skin with the preparation, and even in this case the gel layer will be so thick that most of the testosterone gel will remain on the clothes.